Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking help desk Caller ID?

isteam
Level 1
Level 1

Using CCM 4.1

Is there a way I can setup a select number of phones to have their extension blocked when calling internal numbers?

I went ahead an created a translation pattern for doing *67 prefixes to block Caller ID, but I'm looking for an automatic solution. The first time one of the techs forget to *67, they'll get bombarded with end user calls again.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What you need to do is create a new Partition, ex. BlockCLID, and a new CSS. This CSS should include the BlockCLID partition and the remainder of your partitions, PSTN, VM, etc. (don't include the IPPhone Partition since this will be a closer match route). Assign this CSS to your Help Desk user's lines. Create a translation Pattern matching your internal range, ex. 2xxx. Set the CSS of the translation pattern to your normal CSS. Set the Calling Line ID presentation and Connected Party ID to Restricted.

This will route internal calls, ex. 2xxx, from their phones to the Translation Pattern, then it will apply caller id restriction and then forward via the normal CSS to the correct phone.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

What you need to do is create a new Partition, ex. BlockCLID, and a new CSS. This CSS should include the BlockCLID partition and the remainder of your partitions, PSTN, VM, etc. (don't include the IPPhone Partition since this will be a closer match route). Assign this CSS to your Help Desk user's lines. Create a translation Pattern matching your internal range, ex. 2xxx. Set the CSS of the translation pattern to your normal CSS. Set the Calling Line ID presentation and Connected Party ID to Restricted.

This will route internal calls, ex. 2xxx, from their phones to the Translation Pattern, then it will apply caller id restriction and then forward via the normal CSS to the correct phone.

Thanks

Fred

Additionally you could probably leave the CLID information at default and transform the Calling Number to the Help Desk Main number. That way users could use directory lookup for received or missed calls and call back the help desk.

CLID restriction works both ways so this might be the better option for you. Meaning that the Help Desk user would be displayed Unknown for the CLID number as well as of the remote user if restrictions were used.

Thanks

Fred

Worked great. Thank you very much.

I have found the above suggestions very useful. In my case I only want to translate the calling party number for one phone so that her extenstion remains private and her secretary's extension is sent out for call backs. However, one issue in particular is giving me trouble. After creating the translation pattern as suggested, it only works if I use and exact pattern match such as 7592 versus 7xxx.

Using CCM 3.3. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Javier,

The example above is for 4.1(3). Unfortunately I don't have a working 3.3 environment to test on. With that being said, what occurs when you have the 7xxx? Does it go directly to the calling parties phone without the mask translation? If so, make sure that the CSS configured on the calling phone (line & device) doesn't contain the partition of the called parties actual DN. If this includes this then closest match routing will occur no matter what the order of your partitions in the CSS. The translation pattern's CSS should be what contains the real phones partition not your masked phone's css. If it is working when you put it back to 7592, then more than likely the partition, the translation pattern is in, is higher in the selection order of the CSS. Then closet match routing will find two identical matches and then selects based off the order.

If this is not the issue please post an example of your layout so we can review.

Thanks

Fred