Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking some destination-patterns in Cisco VoIP gateways

dgalvao
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible in a 2620 to block some destination patterns in the dial peers?

Let me explain a little further...

If I have a dial-peer for destination patterns 011T for all international destinations and I want to reject calls, for example, to cellular phones in Rio de Janeiro that would have a destination pattern 01155219T (55 for Brasil, 21 for Rio and 9 for cell), can I do that? How do I do it?

Thanks,

Daniel

2 Replies 2

gstegmann
Level 1
Level 1

hi daniel.

do you HAE to do this on the gateway ? why don't you use route-pattern on the ccm-administration ?

the pattern would be '01155219#'. if you select BLOCK pattern , the ccm rejects dialing this pattern.

gerhard

Yes. I need to do this in the gateway. What I need to do is send back to the originating gateway a "no route available" message.

A friend told me that this could work:

If I have a dial-peer for destination pattern 011T for all international destinations and I want to block 01155219T, I can do a translation like this:

num-exp 01155219T 9999

Because there is no dial peer to destination 9999, this gateway would send back a "no route available" message.

If anyone thinks this is not a good idea, please let me know...

Thanks,

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: