cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Broadcast message on phone speakers?

CodPiece1
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to do a broadcast message over the phone speakers using the phone system?

Callmanager version 4.1

Cisco IP Phone 7970

Thank you in advance.

9 Replies 9

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

WIth CME you can do paging groups. But with Callmanager, you will have to use a third party XML app such as Berbee, IPCelerate etc.

http://www.ipcelerate.com/ipsession-capability-list.html#paging

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

cybrsage
Level 1
Level 1

AFAIK, you can also place a second DN on every phone, and make them all the same one (every phone has one instance of the number).

Then setup the DN to auto answer, which should place it on speaker phone.

Anyone actually try this? I have not, so I cannot be sure it will work.

Hi,

Yes, if you make a share line and if you set it to auto answer, you will get a workaround for the intercom, but of course you will need at lease a 7940. Also, make sure to put this line on another partition and add that part to the phones CSS, that way, nobody will call from the intercom DN.

I have tried this an it works.

What if not all the phones have an available DN space?

I've seen some posts about altering the intercom.asp that comes with the IP Phone SDK but alas the altered .asp file they attached already expired from the forums.

I would be VERY interested in any alterations to the intercom.asp file that works for others. I know some scripting, but I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

I'm trying to avoid 3rd party products.

I played around with creating an All-Broadcast line group, a hunt group and a hunt pilot which did ring at all instances. However it would only let 1 instance connect and would drop all the others.

I've tried it also. I had issues. Two questions: How do you get a shared line to use auto-answer? When I attemtpt to check the box for the "intercom" DN, I get an error that a shared line cannot be set to auto-answer.

Also, I even tried creating seperate partitions with the same extension for each phone. This didn't work because the first partition listed in the CSS for the calling phone rang, but none of the rest of the list did.

Any ideas?

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

Yes, if you make a share line and if you set it to auto answer, you will get a workaround for the intercom, but of course you will need at lease a 7940. Also, make sure to put this line on another partition and add that part to the phones CSS, that way, nobody will call from the intercom DN.

I have tried this an it works.

=

Wow, Shared lines support Auto-answer now? beginning with what version of callmanager?

I did this and it did indeed ring at all phones I put in the list. However, it would only connect to 1 phone, it would drop all the other lines as soon as 1 connected. Is there something else that I'm missing?

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

Cistera have a product for this that works with Call Manager it is called Rapid Broadcast www.cistera.com

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: