Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast Message to All Phones

Hi

I am wanting to develop a solution to send a message to all IP phones or a selection of IP Phones.

I do not want to use a 3rd party product - I want to write the code myself in c#

I have downloaded the SDK and have the Push2Phone ASP scripts working.

I can send text from a C# web application to a particular IP Address by using the Execute Method.

Is using the Push2Phone example the only method to send to multiple phones?

Create a queue and send to each IP address one after the other an execute command?

Is there a broadcast method to send to all phones? How do you configure this?

The PushToPhone uses the execute method. Is this the correct method one would use to send to 200 phones?

Where is the best documentation for doing what I want. I have done a lot of searching but since I am new to this technology I keep finding information that is not quite relevant to my task. ( a url please ).

I hope someone can answer one or more of my questions.

Cheers

Chris

3 REPLIES

Re: Broadcast Message to All Phones

>Create a queue and send to each IP address one after >the other an execute command?

Yes, that's the way to go. Well, I'd use either a threadpool and send a bunch of requests simultaneously (with authentication, it can take a while before you get a response).

Also keep in mind to use your own authentication page to reduce the load on your CCM and speed up the process.

There is no broadcast message so you have to get all devices via DeviceListX.asp (CCM 3/4.x) or AXL Serviceability (CCM 5.x)

Thanks very much for the advise. I will see what I can do about multithreading the application and getting it to do what I want.

Cheers

Chris

Chris

I am trying to do the same thing, did you manage to do it so it worked in a quick way as i need to send to about 100 phones and i have tried doing it Ansyc in c# but its still not that fast?

Do you have an example?

Andy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content