Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

broken-voip

Hi Guys,

I have a network of 2 sites connected by 2600 routers as VOICE gateways and Cat 3550/4506 switches in LAN segements.

IP telphones 7909 are connected to switches.

LOCAL CALLS ARE WORKING WITH IN EACHSITE.

PROBLEM:1

=========

CALL IS MADE FROM SITE1 TO SITE2, SO SITE2 CAN LISTEN VOICE BUT WHEN SITE2 REPLY TO SAME CALL SITE1 CAN NOT HEAR.

PROBLEM:2

=========

SITE2 CANT MAKE ANY CALLS TO SITE1.

PROBLEM:3

=========

HOW DO I INTERGRATE MY BUNCH OF ANALOG TELPHONES TERMINATED AT EPBX TO CISCO 2600 ROUTER AND HOW TO ENABLE THEM TO MAKE VOIP CALLS

NOTE: CISCO callmanger is installed at both sites.

Any help is greatly appricated.

Regards,

Kishore.

9 REPLIES

Re: broken-voip

Do you have separate CCM clusters at each site or 1 cluster spread across 2 sites? The one-way audio and Site 2 to Site 1 problems could be ip routing issues. Make sure you have a route from Site 2 to Site 1. You can integrate analog phones by using ATAs (2 ports) or a product like the VG248 (48 ports).

Brandon

Hi Brandon

1.YES, separate clusters at each site

2.Routing is okay from site2 to site1

3.ATA and VG248 allows to connect maximum 48 analong devices directly, but telcome setup we got 1000+ phones and fax, all those attached to different EPBXs.

Is there any CISCO solution or modules, which fits into existing EPBX environment.

Kishore

Do you use intercluster trunks between the sites?

One possibility is to leave the analog phones connected to the EPBX and use a trunk (E&M, QSIG) to connect the PBX to your router. The exact configuration is dependent on the type of PBX, type of trunk, etc. This would allow you to call from analog to IP phones, use extension dialing, toll-bypass, etc.

Brandon

Yes.. We use Intercluster Trunk.The leased line bandwidth between site1 and site2 is 256Kbps,this link is always highly used with data.

Your current bandwidth is very likely not going to handle the number of phones and potential calls in your environment. If you are going to run voice between these locations with 1000+ phones, I would reccomend doing some capacity planning and increasing your bandwidth. Would you mind to send screenshots of the intercluster trunk configurations in CallManager?

Brandon

Intially for testing Voip setup, I would stop link access to data servers temporarly.

I dont want to join 1000+ phones now, I just want to test with only 2 cisco phones at one side and 80 cisco phones(7960) at other side,no more analog story now.Please find the attachment of inter-cluster-trunk screen shot for both sites.

Regards

Kishore

Check the codec being used. Initiate a call from Site1 to Site2. Press the "i" button twice on both phones. Look for the codec being used. Also, look at the following note:

Note If this non-gatekeeper-controlled intercluster trunk accesses the device pool of a remote non-gatekeeper-controlled intercluster trunk and that device pool has a second Cisco CallManager node, you must enter the second remote Cisco CallManager IP address/host name in this field.

from this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ecfcb.html#69065

Brandon

there is no secondary Callmanager in either site.

what should be the (gateway) routers 2600 configuration ..could be please give me sample ..in case of this intercluster trunks with out gatekeeper.

Kishore

I saw your config in your post in the General forum. These commands:

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip id SITE1 ipaddr 10.45.100.250 1718

indicate the use of a gatekeeper when in fact you are not using a gatekeeper. Remove these commands from both routers and verify that you have a route pattern configured to hit the intercluster trunk for intersite calls.

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content