Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk administration using AXL

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I work at a school district with about 8000 phones. There are a lot of moves changes adds and so on every year. We have used BAT as much as possible but it is still slow.

Is there a program out there that any one knows of that might help us. I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jshepard
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco Systems has a product that will manage the adds/deletes etc via the AXL interface. The product is called Unified Provisioning Manager. There are costs associated with this product and you will have to determine whether this product meets within your budget.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7125/index.html

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like a good idea to write an app that uses AXL for moves/adds/changes. We might look into this as we have many customers in school districts.

Jason

Because every site is different, you'll be hard pressed to find a ready made solution - there are some generic frameworks like Calendra, but you'll find that the effort that with the effort that goes into the whole setup and configuration, you could as well write a software that is tailored for your needs.

With CCM5, you can synchronize end users with an active directory you get single sign on, but the rest (phones, lines, device profiles) you have to do on your own. It's not that hard though.. once we've finalized the specs, it shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks and with every application you develop, you get more effective (I've built a management app in as little as 3.5 days... if you don't have to bother with raw webservices all you have to do is collect data and create ccm elements).

jshepard
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco Systems has a product that will manage the adds/deletes etc via the AXL interface. The product is called Unified Provisioning Manager. There are costs associated with this product and you will have to determine whether this product meets within your budget.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7125/index.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: