Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Delete Call Handlers

Is there any way to bulk delete call handlers? I have the wrong extensions in about 400 CHs and would prefer to delete them all and re-create them from a .csv. Thanks - Matt

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Bulk Delete Call Handlers

hmmm... I have a tool to bulk delete subscribers but not call handlers. You can change the extensions of large numbers of call handlers using BulkEdit provided there's a pattern to the changes (i.e. you're moving from 3 to 4 digits or something). Any chance this flies for you?

You can do this directly in SQL but this is dangerous at best... if you delete the wrong handler you can take out a subscriber for instance...

There is a pattern in that I want to change, for example, 5012 to 4012 (subtract 1000 or change the 5 to a 4), but I didn't see any way in BulkEdit to change the extension number. I might have an older version...? Thanks - Matt

Cisco Employee

nuts... I forgot I only exposed that tab on the subscriber edits page, not for call handlers since extensions are optional for handlers.

Another option if you at Version 3.1(1) or later is to use the AudioTextManager application since you can pound through extensiosn in a small fraction of the time it takes to do in the SA. You'll find this on the 3.x tools page of AnswerMonkey.net for now, it'll be shipping with Unity 4.0 later this year. There are training videos out there for how to use it but the short story is you flip to the "Grid view" tab and pound through all your call handlers one after another... no goofy search required for each. This might save you time over even deleting them and creating them with CSV.

That sounds much better. Thanks Jeff.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content