cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Editor Problem

allen_ladd
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.1.4. Recently I used the bulk editor to modify the DN's for about 200 users. Now searches by DN do not work properly. A search for all DN's " * " returns only the 3000 series DN's. A search for 3* returns only about 10 users when I know there are over 200.

Any Ideas?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which version of BulkEdit were you using (should be in the log it generated or in the About box on the app iteself)? Presumably you did something like add a digit to the right on everyone's extension or something along those lines? I haven't gotten any reports along these lines but I can pop in and take a look at some of these users in SQL and see if there's something different about how their DTMFAccessID fields (extensions) look.

Can you reach them over the phone by dialing their extensions? I'm hoping this is just restricted to the SA search functions...

I'm not on site at the moment but the version of Bulk Edit would be whatever shipped with 3.1.4. This is a new installation and I was given the wrong DTMFAccessID's for 1 location. They gave me 7000 series instead of 3000. I used the Bulk Editor to subtract 4000 from the DTMFAcessID of all 7000 series users to correct the problem. This only affects searches by DN in SAWeb. All mailboxes are functional so it's more of a nusance than anything at this point.

OK... I'm betting it's something like a space getting tacked onto the end of the extension number (the conversation is smart enough to ignore this, the SA is not) or something along those lines. If you can get me remote access at some point I can check it out and maybe adjust for it quickly (i.e. stripping off non numeric characters from the DTMFAccessID fields should be a snap if that's what the problem is).

Just ping me at lindborg@cisco.com if/when you can get this setup and I'll hop in to take a look.

Thanks, Will let you know when I can arrange access.