cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Import hanging

mbell
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to import a bunch of users from Active Directory using the Bulk Import tool. Twice I have tried to run this and it hangs up at the same point, which is after about 5% of the "Synchronization" phase of the import. I see the tool read all 976 users from Active Directory and put them in SQL but then when it tries to synchronize, it stops. I have let it run for about three hours and it has not progressed any further than about 5%. Previously, I was able to see the users that were properly synchronized because they showed up in Unity with the mailstore information.

The system otherwise works fine. I have manually imported users from AD with no problem and have been able to send and retrieve messages from those accounts. It just seems to be a problem with Bulk Import.

Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd check out the SQLSync* files in the commserver\logs directory. Usually those will show you where something is hanging when there's a synchronization problem.

If you don't have the latest Bulk Import tool, you might want to look at that, as well.