Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bulk User Import Problem

System Specs

Unity 3.1.4

Seperate Exchange 2000 server SP3

Seperate AD w/SP3

I am currently rolling out a Unity system for 3000 users. during this roll out I am importing 200 - 300 users every two weeks. I am using the Import tool to load the users from a CSV file.

I have noticed on the last two uploads that the tools is corrupting mailboxes. After I have completed the upload (with no errors) I check the AD to make sure that all the accounts have been created. Then check the System Manager for Exchange to make sure all the mailboxes are there. I have noticed that this is not showing all the imported mailboxes.

has anyone seen this before.

Adam

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Bulk User Import Problem

It's not corrupting mailboxes. I have seen that before. One case there is a problem, the other case, it's cosmetic. The exchange Admin can have a habit of not showing the mailbox. Sometime, there has log-on to that mailbox before it will show up.

If you go into Ad Users and Computers, go to the user that doesn't show a mailbox in the Exchange Admin. Check that user's email addresses. Does it have a SMTP address? If it does have an SMTP address, I think it's really OK. To check further, enabled the AD Users and Computers "advanced view" and select the same user. Go to the Exchange Advanced tab, and click on mailbox rights. If there is stuff showing up there, your safe.

I never trust the Exchange Admin for checking for the presence or validity of mailboxes created by Unity.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content