Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BulkEdit 4.0.X bug

I just check the latest version, and this issue seems to still exist.

Using BulkEdit to modify the transfer string, say prepend 134 to the extension,

the changes seem to take. Using Web/SA the new settings are there.

However they are not in effect. Opening the GlobalSubscriber table hours after the change, the old transfer string is still there. Using Web/SA to switch to another transfer option, then back to 'This number' and saving does cause the new string to be entered into the table.

Small but annoying.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: BulkEdit 4.0.X bug

Hmmm... I think this is a SQLSynch issue - I may not be flagging the transfer string changes as requiring a synch to the directory (i.e. most items you change are local only and don't get written through to the global directory). I'll check the code a little later tonight and see if that's the case. If it is, that's an easy fix... if not, I'll have to dig around a bit more.

Cisco Employee

OK, that was it... easy fix. I have the version built and I tried it out and it seems to be working properly. I can't post it to the site until Saturday, though (I'm out of the office with my laptop and I don't have my web site stuff setup here).

If you email me directl I can shoot you a copy if you want. You can also force a synch with the version of BulkEdit you have now - after you run it, go to the Commserver\Configuration Setup\ directory and run "setup -sync" from there - this will force a full synch of the subscriber data from SQL (which will be correct) into the directory - the global catalog monitor then picks up the changes and slurps it back into the global tables and you should be good to go.

Either way will work...

Thanks for the quick look into this. I decided to enjoy my long weekend, so I hope we didn't cut into yours too much.

I'll use the setup -sync and look for the new BulkEdit when it hits the website.

Thanks again...

Views
Helpful
Replies