Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BulkEdit - Home Server

Is there a utility to modify the Home Server on multiple subscribers? After an import the Home Server is set to the wrong server. I would like to modify this setting on about half of my subscribers instead of recreating them.<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>

6 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: BulkEdit - Home Server

You don't need to recreate these but you can't move them in bulk using the BulkEdit tool. This isn't a Unity propery you want to mess with, it's an exchange configuration for the user which includes where they're messages are stored (i.e. you can't just flip a value and be done). You need to move the mailboxes in Exchange.

If this is Exchange 2000 you can just move them no problem. Unity handles this on the fly, no changes necessary on our end.

If this is Exchange 5.5 you need to first log Unity out of those mailboxes before moving them using the Bulk Logout utility. Then move them in Exchange, then log them back in. You can also just take the Unity box off line, do the move, and bring it back up.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Unfortunately, the subscriber is associated with an Exchange server that is no longer valid. Therefore, the actual Exchange mailbox is on the correct server, however the subscriber settings are directing it to an Exchange server that no longer exists.

I'm running only Exchange 2000 Servers.

Anonymous
N/A

so you moved the users in Exchange and then took the original Exchange server off line? What happens when you call in over the phone and log in as one of these guys? Unity should query AD when it fails to find the box and update that info...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

They were originally homed to the Exch5.5 Unity server. However, that server is no longer in existence as I built Unity to simply point off-box to an Exch2K server.

In retrospect I should have moved them off the Unity box before doing the Export. Hindsight..etc., etc.

When they now try to login they get "Sorry this system is temporarily unable to complete your call. Please try again later. Goodbye."

However, I can leave a message for them. I'm not certain where the messages are going to. I see the following message in App log...

SERVER UNITY Not Avilable. Messages for Alias [Brian] could'nt be delivered on line 998 of file h:\commsvr\Sources\UnityUMR\AvUMRSyncSvr\UMRThread.cpp

I have checked the accounts in the Unaddressed messages and the voicemails are not showing up there.

Anonymous
N/A

I'm still not real clear on what you did... however if you've removed the mailstore those subscribers were associated with entirely, you'll need to blow those guys away and recreate them. If you've yanked the mailstore out from under it without having moved it using Exchange, there's no recovery for that. You'll have to build new message stores for them by creating new mailboxes.

The messages are probably bouncing back to the sender (i.e. if you're sending them as you they'll bounce back NDR to you). Either that or they're going to the unaddressed DLs and you don't have any valid mail users in that DL or the DL referenced was also blown away when the box was removed and the one being referenced by Unity in the registry is not there any longer (there should be errors in the event log when this happens). Just guessing at this point...

either way, you'll have to rebuild those users.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I'm now unable to delete the subscribers or modify them using the SA. It looks like changes (both delete and modify extension) are going through, but when I checked back around 30 minutes later the subscriber account had not changed. Any thoughts?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content