cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

busy button on IP Phones

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

A customer is asking if he can make his IP Phone busy, when he does not want to receive calls. Options are he can fwd all his calls to VM, or an alternative number.

But the users I am dealing with don't want to do any of that stuff. They just want to push a button on their phone, as they were able to do that with thier PBX system.

Any suggestions

5 Replies 5

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

I never have figured out the logic in this, but like you I also have customers who like the Make Set Busy feature on the PBX. To me it just makes more sense to forward your calls to voice mail, but then what do I know.

One way to achieve this would be to just take the receiver off hook. Maybe Cisco will add this to their feature list in the future.

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

CM 3.3 has a feature called 'do not disturb' that seems to be the equivalent feature.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_data_sheet09186a008010a821.html

Unfortunately, the DND softbutton I think is limited to IPMA-using managers.

I wonder do the users realize that they don't have to know the voicemail pilot number, but can just touch "CFwdAll", "Messages"? Touching two buttons instead of one really isn't all that hard, and it's just one button to clear the forward.

HI:

Where can i configure the 'do not disturb' in CCM 3.3(3), can i use it in 7910 phone?

If you look at the link given above, the Do Not Disturb feature is part of the IPMA application.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: