cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy (or reorder) signal on outgoing calls w/ AIM-CUE added

pwinchell
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question that I'm sure has such a simple answer that it will bring me to my knees. I'm installing a cisco CME phone system in a luxury home. All things considered, it's a pretty simple setup. A 2811 router with CCME, about a dozen phones ranging from 7912's in the baths to 7960s in the home office.

Incoming phone lines are handled by a 4 port FXO VIC card.

Yesterday, everything was working perfectly. 4 phone extentions with plar opx for one-to-one with outgoing lines, and a bunch of other extensions for internal dialing, paging, etc.

Today, I installed an AIM-CUE to try and add voicemail capabilities to the mix, and everything went to hell. Now dialing any outgoing number results in a "busy" signal immediately after dialing. I have checked all the options, and I can't seem to find an answer. I haven't even begun to set up Unity Express because I've been stuck trying to find the answer to this question.

Here is a rough idea of the config in question:

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar opx 101

caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 1 pots

preference 1

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

port 0/0/1

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 101 secondary 8088824058

label Line One

description Line One

name 8088824058

no huntstop

hold-alert 30 originator

ephone 1

after-hour exempt

mac-address 0015.F941.C166

paging-dn 20

type 7920

button 1:10 2:1 3f2 4s3

Can anyone shed some light on the subject? I feel like the answer is staring me in the face but I just can't find it...

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Paul,

I see you are using 7 digit dialing outbound. On pots dial peers, those numbers that are explicitly matched are stripped before passing the digits. In your pots dial peer, i see it as 9[2-9]...... (6 dots). You need to prefix the leading digit in this case out the pots line to succesfully make a 7 digit call.

You could instead use 9....... (7 digits)..easy fix.

HTH

Sankar.

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Sankar,

Thanks for your response!

I caught that one as well (after my post)...

Tried to fix it by adding the "forward-digits 7" command. No dice.

Also tried cheating for a quick fix by changing to a single dial-peer with the destination-pattern of 9T. Even that didn't do anything.

Now, here's the next level of funkiness...

An incoming call comes in. I answer, have a conversation, then hang up. Moments after hanging up, the phone rings again, indicating a call from the same source, on the same line. Pick up, and your presented with a dialtone on the outside line. Don't pick up, and it will continue ringing indefinately.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge here, but I may have gotten in over my head. I'm sitting here with the Cisco IP communications express book and can't find anything. Google is not helping, and I'm flat out stumped. This is my first time working with CCME, but I thought I was dealing with a pretty simple config here.

I am including my entire config this time; and if anyone has any ideas I'll buy the beers when this is all over!

Thanks in advance!

--Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: