cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy Signal

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am running a dual integration, PBX and CCM 3.1, and I am having problems with busy signals. Normally if you call the main number you are connected to the main call handler with no problem but occasionally you receive a busy signal. If you hang up and dial back immediately most of the time you will receive a busy signal on the second call but very seldom do you ever receive a busy signal more than twice in a row. You also get a busy signal on occasion when someone does not answer a VOIP phone and it forwards to voicemail after four rings. <br><br>In the port configuration on the Unity voicemail 2.4 I noticed that the extensions are only listed for the ports that are being used by the PBX the extension box on the voicemail ports for the CCM have been left blank. Is this correct? <br><br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

It is not necessary to enter in the extension numbers on the SA for the CallManager connected ports on the SA. for the busy signals, what ports are being called and from where? Is a PBX phone calling one of the PBX Unity ports? Is a PBX phone calling a CCM Unity port? Is a CCM phone calling a CCM Unity port? IS a CCM phone calling a PBX Unity port?

What type of PBX integration is it?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

I have four out side numbers that are translated into the same call handler number and all can produce busy signals. When a Cisco phone calls another Cisco phone and they are transferred to voicemail, busy / no answer, they sometimes get a busy signal. This also applies if you call a Cisco phone direct from an outside line and get transferred to voicemail or if you call from a PBX phone. This is not happening on every call just enough to be very aggravating. It does not seem to matter how you place the call if Unity answers the call sooner or later you will receive a busy signa. I have monitored the port usage and the busy signal is being produced when lines are available. This has been happening since it was installed.

The PBX is a NEC 2400. I don’ think anyone has received a busy signal if they are getting transferred to Unity from a PBX phone. All of my outside lines go into a Catalyst 6513 which also has four T1 lines running to the NEC 2400.

Edited by Chester on 5/17/02 11:55 AM.

Not applicable

If you are getting a busy signal from either switch when Unity is reporting that all ports are idle, you'll probably have to gather traces from CCM or Unity. Unity itself, cannot produce a busy signal. It can however, produce a situation where the PBX would return busy signal to the caller: all of its ports are busy. That however, doesn't sound to be the case. I'd recommend engaging TAC to set and collect system traces in the busy condition.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: