Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Busy tone after ISDN DISCONNECT message

I have Cisco CallManager 4.1(3) and Cisco 2811 router as a gateway between VoIP and PSTN. Cisco 2811 fowards all calls that begins with "9" to PBX. It's simple and traditional design, isn't it? Here is the dial-peer:

dial-peer voice 9 pots

destination-pattern 9T

translate-outgoing calling 34000

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

forward-digits all

The problem: users don't hear busy tone when a PSTN number is busy. Telco sends DISCONNECT message through ISDN (with cause i = 0x8091 - User busy) and CCM just drops the call :(

How do I make CCM (or gateway?) to generate busy tone to Cisco IP phone users?

P.S. I've employed "voice call convert-discpi-to-prog always" command - no effect. I've also turned on "Retain Media on Disconnect with PI for Active Call" option in CCM. Nothing changed.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Busy tone after ISDN DISCONNECT message

I think there are no available channels for the call to complete

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/bri-mppp.shtml

i dont think so, because the call is outgoing, so if the PBX sent the DISCONNECT/busy its because :

a.- The PBX dont have a channel available to make the call out to the PSTN

b.- The final user its occuping its phone

The real problem its that the Gw dont recongnize the BUSY signal and simply drop the call, i had the same issue, and we need to change from PRI to QSIG, and the issue was resolved.

I hope it help....

Greetings

Rodrigo

Green

Add:

Router(config)#voice rtp send-recv

Router(config)#voice call send-alert

Telco should send Disconnect with Cause IE = User Busy.

He can include a Progress IE = 8, in this case and with the command configured :

voice call convert-discpi-to-prog

This Disconnect will be mapped to Progress, Voice path will Cut Thru and IP phone will hear busy tone send by PSTN.

Does he send a Release Complete after Setup or do you also see the Call Proceeding?

Also, including a PI = 3 in the outgoing Setup can help.

In this way we are indicating to PSTN we are a NON-ISDN terminal and need info INBAND.

configure following on the Outgoing POTS :

progress_ind setup enable 3

and

progress_ind alert enable 8

As long as the Telco does not send the correct Cause IE we will not hear a busy tone although this is not the case.

A debug voice ccapi inout will be great.

Let us know

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content