cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

by call forward all -> receiving only first voicmail

marcopolo
Level 1
Level 1

If I forward all my calls from my phone A to my colleage phone B, a caller receive always the voicemail from my phone A, but we need that callers receive voicemail from phone B. We need this situation for our reception scenario. Is there any parameter to change?

Thanks

Marco

14 Replies 14

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marco,

This is a question that comes up all the time and unfortunately if you are using Unity or Avaya voicemail this is working as expected.There is hope though :)

Have a look at Michaels excellent posts, there is a fix on the horizon for this exact problem in (Unity 5.0),(ECSBU Test Engineer, CISCO SYSTEMS )

"The situation you describe here (getting Unity to recognize the last forwarding station rather than the first forwarding station), will be a system-wide option added to Unity 5.0. There is not a way to do this with a configuration setting on earlier versions of Unity. I'm not aware of any CallManager settings that will address this issue either."

"We use the OriginalCalledParty and OriginalCdpnRedirectReason fields in SCCP StationCallInfo message from CallManager. The feature in Unity 5.0 will allow admin to configure Unity to look at LastRedirectingParty and LastRedirectingReason fields instead, on a system-wide basis."

From this recent thread;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1ddada58

Also, here is another reference to this exact question with an answer from the Unity Guru Jeff Lindborg;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dda8a86/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Hi Marco,

There is workaround if you are using CallManager 3.3 or above, if you create a CTI Route point, or we can also play with Unity's Routing Tables.

About the CTI, we just need to follow the instructions on this link: http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K34599862

then, on phone B, you just CFwdAll the calls to *(and Phone B ext).

The main difference is that you should add a rule on the Forwarding table letting Unity know that if a call is forwarded from phone A, the system should send the call to the phone B subscriber's greeting.

Please try that and let me know how it goes.

Hi Esteban

Thanks for your information!

Coud you describe me your proposed solution with: add a rule on the Forwarding table letting Unity know that if a call is forwarded from phone A, the system should send the call to the phone B subscriber's greeting.

Thx

Marco

Hi Rob

Thank you for your information!

I couldn't find to configure on CCM :"OriginalCalledParty and OriginalCdpnRedirectReason fields in SCCP StationCallInfo message from CallManager"

Can you give me any hint?

Thx

Marco

Hi Marco

I'm not Rob but try to answer it anyway.

The parameters that Rob mentioned are not configurable. There is no way of passing the last redirect info from CallManager to Unity 4.0. A workaround (but just feasible for the Reception) could be to create a dedicated Voice Mail number for the reception on CallManager and with this number you may create a specific CallHandler in Unity that points to the reception mail box.

Regards

Stefan

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Marco,

There is workaround if you are using CallManager 3.3 or above, if you create a CTI Route point, or we can also play with Unity's Routing Tables.

About the CTI, we just need to follow the instructions on this link: http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K34599862

then, on phone B, you just CFwdAll the calls to *(and Phone B ext).

The main difference is that you should add a rule on the Forwarding table letting Unity know that if a call is forwarded from phone A, the system should send the call to the phone B subscriber's greeting.

Please try that and let me know how it goes.

STEFAN CHRISTEN
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Marco

As Rob already posted, Unity is only looking at the first redirected number. In Unity Express 2.3 the mailbox can be (systemwide) selected by "Original Called Party" or "Last Redirecting Party". In Unity 5.0 it will also be a systemwide parameter. Will this be feasible for the normal users?

Regards

Stefan

Hi Stefan

Is there still a selection of "Original Called Party" or "Last Redirecting Party in Cisco Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(5)?

Thx

Marco

Hi Marco

No, it is not possible in Unity 4.0. Actually it is a missing feature of the CTI connection between Unity and CallManager (UnityTSP). It will be available in Unity 5.0

Regards and have a nice weekend

Stefan

Let me do a lab....

espereir

What was the final outcome in the lab? Were you able to get the call to go to the right VM using CTI RP/Unity forwarding rules or do we have to wait for Unity 5.0?

There is no solution until today, but I heard from Cisco directly there is a new feature in Call Manager Version 5.1 which solve this problem " divert a call by transfered calls".

A colleague of mine came up with a creative solution. I have not personally tried it

Route through a CMAC pilot and change the TCD system parameter ?Keep Original Called Party If Forwarded? to False.. Then make the always route member to a CTI RP that all call forwarded to VM.

Here are more details

"The big problem with modifying routing to voicemail is it keeps the first called party number, pretty much no matter what you do.. I.E. If you call ext 1000 and it forwards to vm, it will route into voicemail as a forwarded call with a called number of 1000. Also, if you call ext 1000 and it is forwarded to ext 1001 which is forwarded to 1002 which is forwarded to vm, it will still come into voicemail as a forwarded call with the original called number of 1000.

This characteristic seems to hold true for phones, cti rp?s and hunt groups. It even holds true for CMAC pilots, that is unless you change the TCD system parameter for call forwarding. The parameter ?Keep Original Called Party If Forwarded? is by default ?true?. If you change this to false and create a CMAC pilot with an ?always route member? to a CTI RP that all call forwards to VM, you will forward into voicemail for the DN of the RP, even if you call a station that is forward to the CMAC pilot, first. It will strip all prior forwarding off

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: