Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C1721 + VIC-2BRI-S/T: Is it possible ???

Following data sheets, C1721 accepts VWIC cards in one of its slots.

But the VIC-2BRi is not listed as a possible interface cards for this router.

I'm surprised to think it would not be possible.

Can anybody confirm, before I buy it to try ?

And if it's true, which smallest router could be used for voice toll bypass design with an DSL connection + 1Ethernet + 1 VIC-BRI ?

I simply want to transport voice packets from different branch office, in&out some others branch offices PSTN/ISDN in others countries (call cost reduction)

Thanks to help me on this architecture choice for SME.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: C1721 + VIC-2BRI-S/T: Is it possible ???

Hi,

The answer is no. The 1721 has no capability for voice DSPs - the VWICs it can have are for data applications only, such as the VWIC-MFT terminating channelised connections for leased line / data use.

You would be best off with a 1751-V or 1760-V that can support the VIC-2BRI-NT/TE and ADSL, but be aware there may not be QoS support over DSL on these platforms yet - you will need to check the release notes for this!

We use the VIC-2BRI (in a NM-2V) for connection to PABXs and this works fine.

Regards.... Phil.C

1 REPLY

Re: C1721 + VIC-2BRI-S/T: Is it possible ???

Hi,

The answer is no. The 1721 has no capability for voice DSPs - the VWICs it can have are for data applications only, such as the VWIC-MFT terminating channelised connections for leased line / data use.

You would be best off with a 1751-V or 1760-V that can support the VIC-2BRI-NT/TE and ADSL, but be aware there may not be QoS support over DSL on these platforms yet - you will need to check the release notes for this!

We use the VIC-2BRI (in a NM-2V) for connection to PABXs and this works fine.

Regards.... Phil.C

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content