Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cables needed to power up phones

Hi,

We have purchased a large quantity of Cisco Unified IP Phone 7960G which is an old discontinued model. We are hoping to use them on a set for a film but are having trouble getting them to light up. It is quite urgent that we get them working now that we have purchased them, they don't need to be able to make calls, just power up so that the screen lights up to give the impression it is on.

Would someone be able to tell me what lead or power cable I need to get the screens on the phone to light up. We are based in the UK. I will look forward to hearing what someone advises.

Thanks in advance,

Clare

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Cisco 79XX can be powered up

Cisco 79XX can be powered up in different methods: 

1.  Power over Ethernet (PoE); 

2. Power Injector 3 plus a power brick; or 

3.  Power brick. 

Personally, 7960 phones are really bad when used on a film or TV set because when their screens light up it is black fonts over dark green background.  So the phone looks more-or-less "dead' with a sticker on the screen than on.  This is why some TV/Film sets use the coloured versions (7970 or 79X5 and newer) phones because the coloured screen is more "realistic".

Power Injector 3 (PWR-INJ3) can be purchased cheaply from e-Bay.  They sometimes come with the power brick included already.  

Views
Helpful
Replies