cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAD w/ Media Termination Configuration

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a document that can explain how we setup CAD with Media Termination?? I'm trying to make it work without any luck.

I already configured the CTI Port on CallManager.. I create the agent userid on CCM and enable CTI Application Use.. I made the Device Association and mark the extensio as an ICD... When I log into the CAD.. it gets connected to the enterprise data and everything but when try to connect to CTI Server I get: Cannot connect to callmanager. Close softphone and check configuration.

Is it any configuration I am missing? I also have the Cisco TAPI configured in the same desktop as the agent software. I'm using CCM 3.3 SR2 and IPCC Express 3.1.

Thanks in advanced,

Jose

6 Replies 6

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

I found on CCO that instead of creating a CTI Port I need to create an SP30+ phone with the MAC Address of the PC with the Media Termination CAD. Is that true?

TIA,

-Jose

Yes. That is exactly what you have to do.

Andy - Berbee

Andy,

I already add the SP30+ with the MAC address of the Agent PC.. Now I don't have the "Unable to Connecto to CallManager" error but it still not working. Now I received "Unable to log agent in" when trying to connect to CTI Server. On the user page I already check the CTI Application Enable and also I add the SP30+ with the device association and mark the extension as an ICD extension and did the proper configuration in CRS and in Desktop Administrator..

Is there anything else that I am missing??

Thanks in advanced,

-Jose

Hi,

The possible cause for "Unable to log agent in" message is the agent's phone is not associated with the RM JTAPI User in the call manager.

Try associating the agent's phone to RM JTAPI user and then login to MT CAD.

Regards

Venkat

That was it.. I forgot to add the SP30+ to the RM JTAPI User.. now everything is working good..

Thanks all..

-Jose

I am 99% sure this error is related to you not associating the SP30+ to the rmuser (icduser). You have to associate the device to the actual agent user as well as the rmuser. Did you do this? Let me know.

Andy - Berbee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: