Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Call Accounting- forced verified account codes

I have a law firm requesting forced verified account codes for outgoing long distance calls only. This information is sent to a billing application. There are no capabilities in Call Manager. I realize Berbee has an application for billing, but not forced verified account codes.

Thankss.

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Call Accounting- forced verified account codes

Gary

You might try www.hotdispatch.com Look under End Users then Application Catalog. They have an application called Call Authorization that might work for you. I haven't tried the product, but we are in the same situation where we need to have the Call Manager do Authorization Codes once we go into production with the Call Manager.

Community Member

Community Member

The easiest way is to have the gateway, not Call Manager, handling the AAA for outgoing international calls.

Use the debitcard.tcl script that will prompt you for an authentication code, and have it verified in a radiusserver.

If it is for internal use, you can do with any radiusserver, but if it need to be carriergrade and scalable, you need bigger (expensive) solutions.

If we are talking prepaid calling cards and unknown, untrusted endusers, the setup is very different.

Rene Bo Christensen

www.digiquant.com

Community Member

The easiest way is to have the gateway, not Call Manager, handling the AAA for outgoing international calls.

Use the debitcard.tcl script that will prompt you for an authentication code, and have it verified in a radiusserver.

If it is for internal use, you can do with any radiusserver, but if it need to be carriergrade and scalable, you need bigger (expensive) solutions.

If we are talking prepaid calling cards and unknown, untrusted endusers, the setup is very different.

Rene Bo Christensen

www.digiquant.com

Community Member

I don't think AAA/radius will do the trick here. Law firms charge clients for time spent on the phone, so you should have a way to not only force an auth code but charge back a client for the time.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content