cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Attendant Persistent Settings

rburkholder
Level 1
Level 1

When a Call Attendant user customizes their settings, any idea where these are saved? The settings seem to disappear every once, and things seem to return to their defaults depending upon how or where a user logs in.

I'm trying to track down the cause, and knowing where things are stored would be helpful.

5 Replies 5

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

The attendant console works in conjunction with a Cisco IP Phone. Configure the attendant console to connect the Cisco IP Phone to its registered Cisco CallManager server. To configure the attendant console, make sure that the IP Address or Host Name field in the Attendant Console Settings dialog box specifies the address of the Cisco CallManager server to which the Cisco IP Phone is normally registered.

Cisco IP Phones that are used with the attendant console must meet the following guidelines:

Use the attendant console with any Cisco IP Phone Models 7960/7940.

Make sure that the Cisco IP Phone is added as a device in Cisco CallManager before it is used with the attendant console.

Make sure that you associate the attendant directory numbers (the pilot points and devices) with the ac user that you configured in the User area of Cisco CallManager Administration. Do not use a shared-line appearance on any phone that is used with the attendant console, including pilot points and hunt group members. Make sure that directory numbers that are assigned to an attendant Cisco IP Phone do not appear on any other device in the system. Disable call forwarding for lines and directory numbers on Cisco IP Phones that are used as attendant consoles. If an attendant console user will be logging in to the attendant console at more than one phone, ensure that each phone is set up according to these guidelines and that each phone is registered with its own attendant console. Cisco does not support the use of Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility with Cisco IP Phones that are used as attendant consoles. Cisco does not support the use of call waiting with Cisco IP Phones that are used as attendant consoles.

What is the possibility of locking down the settings so that they can not bechanged or saved on exit.

lnthompson
Level 1
Level 1

I think there is an XML file in the Auto Attendant\Data directory that keeps all the speedial settings and windows layout. I wish there was an automatic way to back this up.

Can you check on your system where this is? There is nothing on my callmanager that shows this. Thanx.

The speeddial information is actually stored in LDAP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: