Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Busy Transfer

Is it possible when attempting a transfer to transfer to another extension if the dialed one is busy, instead of always hold, never hold, etc..? <br><br>I know you can do a supervise and if its busy do a hold, however, we need someone to always answer the phone (state agency and they require all phone calls to be answered)<br><br><br>Northrop Grumann<br>Jose Cantu - CCNP,CCNA,CCDA,MCP,A+,Net+<br>Phone: 512-633-5396<br>Email: jose.cantu@josecantu.com

3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Call Busy Transfer

if you id a supervised transfer attempt you could have the call handler send the call to another call handler which could try another extension in a "chain" of handlers for various extensions until one answered or you ran out of extensions... presumably the last one would hold or dump you into another queue (you wouldn't want to create a loop of call handlers, that could cause problems).

to do this you would not offer hold and you'd have a blank greeting and the after greeting action would be "attemp transfer for" the next call handler in the line... you could record a greeting that said "please hold, your call is important to us..." kinda thing instead of using a blank I suppose.

Is this close to what you're looking for or are you thinking of something else?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

That would work. My concern would be is that might tie up a port or multiple ports for extended times correct?

Northrop Grumann
Jose Cantu - CCNP,CCNA,CCDA,MCP,A+,Net+
Phone: 512-633-5396
Email: jose.cantu@josecantu.com

Gold

This will only take one port per call.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems