Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Center - Hunt groups, IVR, etc

miha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm currently investigating several possibilities for distributed Call Center (several locations) using Call Manager and IP Phones. The catch is, I have to provide features that are possible with legacy PBX systems like Alcatel, Ericsson, Siemens and others, such as ACD (hunting groups), intercom features (paging), IVR integration etc.

I've set up a CallManager and established test pilot points with a hunting group. Now, the catch is when a call arrives to this pilot point, the first phone rings. And if it does not answer, it rings indefinitely. One could set FNA feature in Call Manager administration but it is difficult to administer such features when the Call Center grows. Also, the call should be routed only between hunting group members.

Now, I'm asking whether it is possible to solve such a problem with existing build (3.1(2c)?), or would I be better off developing my own IVR system that would route calls to certain numbers (developing my own hunting groups). Any experience on this field?

Features that I'm looking for are:

- when there is no one at the call center, IVR systems provides information to end users

- an operator logs in to a certain ACD group (maybe the login/logout service that assigns you a number, but how does it handle hunting groups)

- notifying the end user where in a queue he/she resides

- list of all operators and their status (free/busy)

- etc.

5 Replies 5

scream
Level 1
Level 1

All of this things can be done easyly with CM. But

you need to install CRA (IP IVR) and ICD application

inside CRA. This will give you ability to make more

advanced distribution then hunt groups.

I will test with IP IVR. Thank you.

Cisco CRA (with ICD) with do the job, but i have found the application to be buggy, how many agents do you have? What type of information do you need back from the system?

Hi!

Approx 30 agents alltogether, CTI integration.

Basically like this:

When a user calls in, he/she is notified where in queue he/she is. He can listen to recorded messages, navigating with dtmf (IVR). When an agent takes the call, the computer screen pops up, showing some data.

The call should be routed among agents, possibly ringing on all lines.

Also, voice mail for ACD groups and individual users. Paging on the IP phones (i.e. coffee is ready in the kitchen :)) and a way to see which operators are logged in.

And multiple ACD groups, where users can decide to which they will log in. Pretty complex. I was thinking of CM, IVR, ICD and Unity. What do you think?

IVR will give me the ability to give users the info they want. ICD will help me with ACD groups, call routing, maybe paging?, where Unity will take care of voice mail.

Best regards!

1. CRA (ICD) at this time CAN NOT tell the user where they are in the que

2. POP Up screen have to been designed by you, Cisco has no POP UP screen for CRA ICD. At this current time we are making a system where CRA will send XML File to a ColdFusion server which has information about the agent and phone number of the caller and then are Cold Fusion server will send a HTTP Post with the XML file to the agents phone show infomation about the Account.

3. Unity VM System is really good if you all ready uses Microsoft Exchange Server.

4. Paging can be done via 3rd Party Software.

5. You can multiple ACD groups, but uses can'nt login to the same one with the same Login Account. There is no skill based routing.

You may want to look at Cisco IPCC for the ACD stuff or Arc (3rd Call Center product), Cisco has still not been able to give me a road map for CRA and IP ICD. IP ICD is still missing some of the core stuff you would get from a normal PBX ACD product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: