Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call Data Records (CDR) not showing local calls with default dial plan.

We have Cisco's Call Manager 3.2, a 2651 connected to a PRI line provided by SunCom. They require us to dial a 9 for local & 1-800 calls, and an 8 for long distance.

When using the default dial plan, it considers all outbound calls to be "Other" in the CDR. My question is, how do I setup the dial plan to properly classify calls as local and long distance when you have to dial a 9 and 8 respectively.

Also, is there any way of querying the current day's records without having to wait until the next day? I can only query up to the previous day. I appreciate any advise somebody may have. Thank you!

2 REPLIES

Re: Call Data Records (CDR) not showing local calls with default

In 3.2 you define how the CDR records are classified through the CAR dial plan configuration. To view how to modify this dial plan follow this link: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_2/service/ccmsrva/sacar2.htm#xtocid5

As for the CDR record viewing, this is due to the CallManager CAR record scheduler. Follow this link, and pay attention to the warnings about system impact of altering the schedule: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_2/service/ccmsrva/sacar2.htm#xtocid10

Re: Call Data Records (CDR) not showing local calls with default

In addition to the earlier responses...

There is a newly discovered bug: There is a problem with comma-separated area codes and toll-free 'area codes'. One must do the following...

ART->System->SYstem Parameters->Dial Plan Configuration

Enter a different "Row" for each area-code or toll-free code. For example, in your case

Condition: =

No of Digits: 12

Pattern: 91800!

Call Type: Other{Note, you must add a row for each toll-free code, i.e., 888,877,866}

No of Digits: 8

Pattern: 9!

Call Type: Local

{Note, assumes standard 7-digit dialing after the 9}

No of Digits: 12

Pattern: 81!

Call Type: Long Distance

Internally, your client may consider certain local area codes as "Local" calls. If this is the case, then add a different row for each of them. For instance in NYC I have a row for each of the following 212,718,516,646,973,631,914. If you're in Wyoming, this is not a problem! DO NOT follow the direction of CAR and indicate this desire by using "Gateway Configuration" and entering the "Local" area codes separated by a comma.

Thanks,

Anthony.

Views
Helpful
Replies