cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Detail Records and CDR Analysis and Reporting (CAR)

davidlblair
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CCM Publisher and Subscriber. I have enabled the two CDR flags: CDR Enabled Flag and Call Diagnostic Enabled on the Publisher.

Do I also need to turn those flags on for the Subscriber? In general, the CDR's are only stored on the Publisher. I was thinking if the Publisher goes down, the Subscriber would not log CDR's if the flags are not set.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

Yes, you need to enable these flasg on all CallManager servers that process calls. If the CDR flags on the Subscriber are not enabled and the Subscriber has phones registered to it, CDR's for calls from those phones will not be logged.

Depending on the version of CCM you are running, CDR's can/are written to the Subscriber. In CCM 3.3 CDR's are wrtten to SQL on the Subscriber and replicated back to the Publisher. This is so that if the Publisher goes off line, CDR's are still logged and not lost.

tm

Tim Medley, CCDP, CCNP

IPT Consultant

http://www.iptnetworkers.com

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

CDR Enabled should be enable across all CCMs within the cluster, the Call Diagnostics is optional, and will provide with ability to report jitter on calls for example.

The Insert service on the publisher requires activation, this will ensure that CDR records for all subscribers are inserted into the CDR database. Each subscriber continually sends snapshots of CDR records to the publisher for insertion.

I have CDR Insert activated on both the Publisher and Subscriber. I also have installed CDR Analysis and Reporting (CAR).

What is the initial login that has admin rights?

tim.medley
Level 2
Level 2

Yes, you need to enable these flasg on all CallManager servers that process calls. If the CDR flags on the Subscriber are not enabled and the Subscriber has phones registered to it, CDR's for calls from those phones will not be logged.

Depending on the version of CCM you are running, CDR's can/are written to the Subscriber. In CCM 3.3 CDR's are wrtten to SQL on the Subscriber and replicated back to the Publisher. This is so that if the Publisher goes off line, CDR's are still logged and not lost.

tm

Tim Medley, CCDP, CCNP

IPT Consultant

http://www.iptnetworkers.com

I have installed CDR on my publisher server, do I need to install it on the subscriber as well?

Also, I look in the CDR System parameters and there are no parameter names or values listed?

Any help would be great!