Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call drop on first ring

Hi guys,

I've a few Cisco 7900 series ip phones on my network here. Whenever a call is to a 7910 and the user pick up the handset before the first ring completes the call is terminated. Have anyone encounter similiar problem?? This problem don't occur on 7940 and 7960. Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Call drop on first ring

Hello Jimmy,

Does the 7910 reset after the 1st ring? There has been a bug opened on this about a year ago, checkout CSCdv46524. Please use P004H310 or later for the 7910's phone load.

-ben

Nope, the call just drop. The phone doesn't reset. As long as I wait for the ring to complete the call is setup.

This is a "tell tale" sign of a codec mismatch. I.e. 1 phone is using G.711 and another phone is using G.729 without a DSP to do the translation, the phone will ring once then drop.

Hi,

The problem is, if I allow the ring to complete and pick up the handset. My call is setup. This droping of call occur even when I'm using another ip phone to call. The droping of call only happens if I pick up the handset before the first ring is completed.

Thanks for your reply, I'll check on the codec just in case.

Jimmy Seah

Views
Helpful
Replies