Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Call failed to be transferred to extension, back to main greeting!!

We have Unity server which is integrated with NEC NEAX 2000 phone system with serial MCI. User can retrieve voice mail from outside by dialing a 1800 number, they can enter extension to access phone. Mostly it used when employee called from long distance area.

Recently they reported frequently the call can NOT be transferred to expected extension. They stated that the calls back to the main greeting after they heard one ring. And sometimes the call backed to greeting 2 or 3 times before it was transferred to extension.

I opened the call view and integration monitor, but there is no useful information for troubleshooting. In the port monitor window, I noticed sometimes the port always busy even I have heard the ring on destination extension. At this moment, the call backed to greeting. It looks like Unity failed to release the call to switch. I suspect there is some timing issue between the switch and Unity, but how can I identify and fix it?

Does anyone have the same experience or any directions?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Call failed to be transferred to extension, back to main gre

Are you doing supervised transfers or release? If Unity is setup to do a release transfer then there wouldn't be any call progress issues getting in the way, the switch would be bouncing it back at us. If you're doing supervised transfers that could be the case - if so, can you switch to release instead?

Re: Call failed to be transferred to extension, back to main gre

Thanks. I configure release transfer for all subscribers in Unity.

Views
Helpful
Replies