cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call focus on second inbound call

pmccloud
Level 1
Level 1

Is ther a way to keep the focus on the current call in progress when a second call comes in on call waiting? The call waiting is rarely used, but we often need to transfer the first call when there is another one ringing in.

The phones are 7940's and the CallManager version is 4.1(3)sr3c.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Patrick,

This behaviour can be modified by changing the following;

Device > Phone

Product Specific Configuration

Auto Line Select - Disabled

This will keep the focus on the first call.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

I tried this and it doesn't help. The focus still goes to the incoming call.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ..... maybe you are running into this bug;

CSCsg20534 Bug Details

Headline GoPed: Auto Line Select does not work as expected

First Found-in Version 8.1(0.85), 8.2(0.44)

Symptom:

With 'Auto Line Select' Disabled, the display will show a new incoming call on another line if there already is an active call. The display should not change to show the new incoming call if this feature is disabled and there is an active call on a

line

First Fixed-in Version 8.2(1.3), 8.3(0.5), 8.1(0.86), 8.2(0.45)

Hope this helps!

Rob

I updated a test phone to the latest firmware and it is showing the same behavior. Is it because the second call is coming in on the same line?

Pat

Hi Pat,

I see what you are saying here and I was missing the fact that you were referring to "Call Waiting". My bad! I did set this up in our lab and it works the exact same way you described. Focus shifts right away to the new call with the only option to use the "Answer" softkey. This was for 7940's,7960's and 7941's with different firmware and a different CCM version. So I am left to conclude that this is working as expected.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: