cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward but not for all

LESTERCAM
Level 1
Level 1

In a PABX we can determine that certain users can 'Forward-all' their calls to GSM (Mobiles for the US) and other don't; nevertheless all can dial a GSM (re. to the dialplan). I wonder how in CM3.1 we can setup a rule litke this otherwise all sales will 'Forward-all' their calls when there not in the office and that will result in a bill of $$'s.

Anyone came around this ?

Regards, Leo Jo

5 Replies 5

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I have implemented something similar to this one of my customers.

I have put the route pattern for international access into a partition called "INTERNATIONAL"

The only phones allowed to access an international number must be in a CSS called "TIER2"

CSS "TIER2" allows only these phones to access INTERNATIONAL.

One note my customer is still on CCM 3.011

Might be woth a try.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

I agree but that's how I made it up. We have 3 partitions and 4 Calling CSS's to differentiate Intl, local etc. calls. But all may call a mobile GSM number but only selected persons should be able to forward-all/busy/no-answer or on the phone, to their GSM. I don't see this so I guess I'll open acall into Cisco ipse.

Regards, Leo Jo

Set the CSS on the Foward All/FB/FNA on the line appearance to a CSS that CAN't call outside at all - on the lines that you don't want to be able to forward out...

Great idea and it works ok except that the user still can CfwAll to any number but when a party calls him, the call is blocked.

Thanks, Leo Jo

You could setup some route patterns to block mobiles.Then create a partition Non mobiles and associate the blocked patterns with this partition.

You might have a CSS called all phones that users can dial all phones if there registered with that css.

So then you would create another CSS with the partitions All-phones and Non mobile as members of that CSS.

After you have done the above you could assign that new CSS to the call forward all .Users will be able to forward there phones anywhere except to the numbers you blocked in your route patterns associated with the non mobile partition.

Works fine for us the sales guys need to get approval to get the added functionality.