Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward Displayed Number

pblumenthal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a litte question about call forwarding.

Situation: I have my IP-Phone with the Number 020 555 66 77.

Official Head Number is 020 555 66 70, so the DDI is from 70 to 79.

Now, i forward my Number to my mobile Phone with the Number 020 666 77 88.

Problem: On my mobile Phone, i see always the Head Number, so the 020 555 66 70 but i like to see the Number of the person who calling me. I'll be also happy, if i can see the Number of my IP-Phone. I like to have one of this two possibilities.

We use CM 4.1(3)sr3a and the Gateway is H.323 on a Cisco 1760 Router with IOS ip-voice 12.3(14)T7

Thank you for any ideas or proposition.

Kind regards

Pascal

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Pascal,

Make sure that you have a value entered for the external phone number mask field in DN configuration in CCM admin. For your phone, you could make it 020 555 66 77. Also, on your route patterns, make sure that the box that says "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" is checked.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Hallo Brandon

Yes, i have entered this number and in the route pattern, the "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" is checked.

Pascal

Pascal,

Check with your provider. Sometimes, they will overwrite the ANI that you send out with the billing phone number for the circuit. You may be able to request that they allow you to send this out.

Brandon

Hello,

i already called our Provider and he told me that this feature is already on. So, our SP seems not to be the problem.

Pascal

Pascal,

Also check under Gatweay configuration in CCM admin. For example, if this is a PRI, you will see a field called Caller ID DN under Outbound Calls in the configuration for the endpoint. This overrides any other caller ID for calls routed out this endpoint.

Brandon

thack
Level 1
Level 1

I have had this problem in the U.K, with some telephone exchanges. how many digits are you receiving from the carrier?

Hello

It depends of the Carrier and the DDI, so between 2 and 9 but we take between 2 and 4 with our Gateways.

when you make an ordinary outgoing call, does you correct CLI of your extension get presented?

Also on 4.1 CCM, there are some optional fields under the "forwarded call information display" on the phone line page. You might want to check what they are set too.

Thanks

Tony