cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward Failure

damien.roberts
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CallManager 4.0(2a)sr2b install which has a QSIG integration with a Siemens HiPath via E1 on a CMM. MGCP is the protocol being used.

If I setup an internal CFA from ext 63980 to 63999 and dial 63980 from another internal extension, the call forwards appropriately and the call can be answered.

However, when I call into 63980 from the PSTN, obviously with the required PSTN number, the call forwards off to 63999 but the call is dropped after less than a second.

I have checked through the gateway CSS access to the two extensions and there are no problems. Indeed if it was a CSS issue, the call would not get setup at all.

The CCM trace Q931 Translation tool reports a Status transmit of "Invalid IE contents" and then receives a disconnect.

It appears to be ISDN related, but with normal inbound calls via the same path functioning without any problem I am not sure what is causing this issue.

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

Workaround to this problem is to issue the bearer-cap speech command under the voice port. This command forces the calls to use audio only, allowing the calls to work. This bypasses the bearer capabilities mismatch.

ruben.montes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Damien,

I have the same problem that you have.

I've tried putting the "Bearer-cap speech" command but it doesn't work for me.

Have you solved your issue?

Thanks in advance,

Ruben

Ruben,

Yes, we ended up changing an advanced CallManager service parameter named "ASN 1. ROSE OID Encoding" from the default setting to "Use Global Value (ISO)"

Changing this advanced service parameter solved this Call Forward issue, but it also introduced an issue with MWI On/Off activation in that once this service parameter was changed, it was no longer possible to illuminate MWI by dialing the MWI directory number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: