cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward to Voicemail

KRISTINE OBrien
Level 1
Level 1

If Phone A is called forwarded to Phone B on a no answer and Phone B does not answer the phone, will Unity place the greeting for Phone A?

I am running Call Manager 3.2.2c and Unity 3.1.

Thanks

Kristine

3 Replies 3

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

This was possible in 3.1 using the Voice mail box field from the line configuration when configuring a phone. This redirects a call to voicemail to a different voicemail box number than the line was configured for.

I believe under 3.2 this has been removed and replace with a Voicemail Profile.

HTH

David

Would you know of an example that I can follow?

Kristine

Unity will consider the first re-directing ID to be the "fowarding" party, thus try to log into the subscriber mailbox that matches that forwarding ID. With the scenario you describe (A forwards to B, B forwards to Unity), I'd expect Unity to play the greeting of A (given A is a valid Unity subscriber) without any additional configuraiton on CallManager or Unity. You can check the CallViewer.exe utility on the Unity server to get an idea of what's being sent for that first re-directing party.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: