cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

When I have calls forwarded to another extension and no one answers, the voice mail from the my extension answers. Is there any way to force the voice mail to answer from the extension I am forwarding calls to.<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

Just for clarification...

If Phone A calls Phone B (and Phone B is forwarded to Phone C) and Phone C forwards to voice mail, the Unity answers with the greeting of Phone B. But what is wanted is that Unity answers with the greeting of Phone C. Is that correct?

If that is the scenario, that's expected behavior. The forwarding information that Unity uses is the first redirecting number (Phone B) and not the last redirecting number (Phone C). There are specific reasons why the first redirecting ID is used: changing that would break all sorts of things.

You could create a routing rule that would make any forward from Phone B go to Phone C's greeting. However, it would always do that: if Phone B was not forwarded to Phone C, but to Unity instead, you would still hear the greeting of Phone C (given such a routing rule was created).

If the scenario is different, please let me know.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

That is exactly our scenario.

What I am trying to accomplish is when our offices are open the attendant's extension goes to her own voicemail that acts as an autoattendant. What I am trying to figure out is when our offices are closed I want to hear a different mailbox that also acts as an autoattendant. I would like her to be able to determine which attendant to use and make it as easy as possible to toggle in between. That is why I was trying to forward to another extension because she would be able to switch it very easily. I am trying to avoid logging into unity to toggle.

Is there a way to set up some sort of time scheduler that would change her voice mail message. If so that could be a possibility. If not any suggesstions???

Not applicable

You should be able to do this without having to toggle anything manually. There might even be more than one way of doing this, but here's something that should do the trick...

1. The first thing to do is create a new (or modify an existing) schedule. On this schedule, just select the hours to "open" for the normal business hours and leave everything else as "closed".

2. Then create a call-handler and then from the "profile" page, assign the active schedule for this call-handler to be the schedule that was created in step 1. On the greetings page, select "standard", make sure it is enabled and make the "source" blank. For the "after greeting" action, select "send caller to" and pick the normal attendent's subscriber mail box. On the "subscriber selection" screen, make sure that the conversation is "send to greeting for".

3. Then select the "closed" greeting make sure it is enabled and make the "source" blank. For the "after greeting" action, select "send caller to" and pick the other attendent's subscriber mail box (or some other call-handler). On the "subscriber selection" (or call-handler) screen, make sure that the conversation is "send to greeting for".

4. Next make a new "forwarded" call routing rule. Make sure it is enabled, and enter in the attendent's extension number under "forwarding station". Under "send call to", select the call-handler that was created in step 2. Make sure the conversation is set to "send to greeting".

What this esentially does is override the default behavior of always attempting for forward the attendent's extension ID to the subscriber box that has the matching extenion ID. Instead, it will send calls that have this forwarding ID to the call-handler. Depending upon the schedule set in the call-handler, the call will actually go to two different boxes.

Make sense? Give it a shot and let us know if there are any snags.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

works like a champ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: