Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Forward

Hello guys,

Some of our users had forwarded their extension to the voice mail using the softkey of the phone. Our publisher is down for 2 days (moving to another localtion)and when I hit the Callforward softkey, an error message stating "Database error" is displaied. It looks like it's looking for publisher. I am not able to make any changes from Subscriber. All calls are going to the voicemail for those users. Could you please let me know if there's any way that I can remove this call forward from Subscriber?

Thanks,

BT

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: Call Forward

WAD

When PUB is down no DB changes can be written,

Check SRND.

What is SRND? Is there any way that I can move them out of callforward?

Thanks

Green

Cisco Unified CallManager Publisher

The publisher replicates a read-only copy of the master database to all other servers in the cluster.

If changes are made in the publisher's master database during a period when another server in the cluster is unreachable, the publisher will replicate the updated database when communications are re-established. During any period when the publisher is unreachable or offline, no changes can be made to the configuration database. All subscriber databases are read-only and may not be modified. Most normal operations of the cluster will not be affected during this period, including the following:

?Call processing

?Failover

?Installation registration of previously configured devices

There are some features and functions that require access to the master database on the publisher because they make modifications to records and therefore need write access. The publisher is the only server in a Cisco Unified CallManager cluster that has a read and write configuration database. The main features and functions that require access to the publisher for write access include:

?Configuration additions, changes, and deletions

?Extension Mobility and Device Mobility

?User speed dials

?Cisco Unified CallManager User page options requiring the database

?Cisco Unified CallManager software upgrades

?Call Forward All changes

?Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) state

Other services or applications might also be affected, and their ability to function without the publisher should be verified when deployed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00806e8c27.html#wp1045103

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content