cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward

paul.stephens
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the call forward option from a 7960 phone ?? or at least stop users from setting a call forward from the phone

5 Replies 5

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you implement partitions and calling search spaces in your CallManager system, everyone would need a calling search space to call any number whether it be an internal directory number or a route pattern. Then if you set the calling search space for Call Forward All for each line to a calling search space other than but which does not have any partitions in it, then people would be able to use the CFwdAll button but the calls would not get forwarded.

Thanks Dave, I'd got to that point but the problem is that the call forward is active even though it is not a valid number so when you call the phone that is forwarded you get fast busy and the phone cannot receive any calls. I suppsoe there isn't any way to remove the call forward feature from a phone ??

Not at this time. The only thing you can do right now is force the call forward to not succeed by using the method I previously described.

I set up these same restrictions last night without knowing the CFwdAll button would still work. Is this problem going to be fixed in an upcoming fix or release. Do others using CallManager have this same problem or is it just the two of us? Thanks for the insight.

It's not just you, it's everyone. I don't know if it will ever be "fixed" or not since it's always worked this way. I will see what I can find out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: