cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding a shared line

dleduc
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ICS 7750 running 3.2. I have a remote gateway with 7940 phones where the main number rings to 7 phones as a shared line. They need to call forward to a this main number to a answering service after hours. Do I have to a cfwdall on on each phone to make this work? I tried on one phone only and it does not forward. I have yet to try it on all phones as I don't think that is a good solution

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The CFwdALL softkey only works for the primary line. You could associate one of the phones with a user and have that user log in to the user options web page and forward the 2nd shared line from there. This will forward the line for all phones. Hope this helps.

Brandon

efrench515
Level 1
Level 1

I gave the receptionist only the "Pilot DN" on line 1 of the 7940, then On line 2 and on all other phones I put the shared line. The receptionist now forwards her line 1 to either the shared line or to the answering service. It means the receptionist does not have a private DN, but it works great

Thanks, I did get this resolved in with another method but I appreciate your feedback.

Thank too ...........