cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding All Problem

jgould
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with CFA that prevents me from forwarding off-net. I have checked the partitions and css and that doesn't seem to be the problem. (I even put the route patterns in the none partition) After looking at traces it shows the correct Route Pattern being matched but still gives me a fast busy. Any ideas?

11 Replies 11

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

Lets start this way:

What version of CallManager? Is the call hitting the gateway (debugs)? Do you/are you dialing a 9 for outside access (if necessary)?

We have version 3.1(3a) and the call is hitting the gateway (6500 blade) from what I've gathered in the trace files. We are dialing a 9 for outside access and this does work when dialing from a phone. It is the forwarding part that does not work. In the trace I see the original call and then the forward manager forward to the new number (with the 9) This matches a route pattern (the same one as regular calls) and then for some reason I get a busy.

Good one.... Next thing I would check would see if the gateway is getting anything different on the forwarded call vs. the normal call. This is tedious stuff, but if you look at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/debug_mgcp.html, it outlines the MGCP debugs and points out how normal calls work. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Unfortunately it is a 6500 blade and not a vg200. The trace file messages in callmanager are nothing like the mgcp debug on the vg200. However these messages are similar to those when a call completes normally. Thanks for the help!

-Geoff the calling search space is the same as the phone and we are able to call out normally using that.

Jac

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

This may be a silly question, but do you have the correct CSS in the forward all config? With the number?

forward all , 7035551212, CSS

geoff

The calling search space is correct. It is the same as what the phone uses and it can make that call. Also I put everything to none to verify it and it still does not work.

Jac

All phones are just one? If just one, delete it from the system and re-add it. Otherwise, we continue.

Rick

All phones unfortunately have this problem...

please try to look on the T310 or T301 time-out timers in the CallManager.

We had similar problems and we changed these timers to bigger values and it worked

I doubled those timers, reset the cm and it still did not work. What problems were you having with CM? Thanks.

Jac

rickb
Level 3
Level 3

Are you using Ext. Mobility?

Out of curiosity, can you forward on-net?

Do you have different gateways to try to route it differently, simply as a test?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: