Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call forwarding and message notification

I have a subscriber who had message notification (a nextel pager). That worked. The subscriber, because he is out of the office often, enabled call forwarding to his nextel phone. That worked. He has people who still dial the Unity box directly and leave him a vmail. Now, he doesn't get notified when he has a vmail in his box. So, he wants calls forwarded to his cell phone and he wants to be notified when he has a vmail. It seems that enabling call forwarding turned off message notification. Is this the case, or is there a way to have both? Message notification is still enabled but just doesn't notify him.

3 REPLIES

Re: Call forwarding and message notification

Verify that his "call fwding" was done directly in the phone system/CM, and not a transfer parameter or something clever in Unity. If so, the forwarding should have nothing to do with his message notification via email to the NexTel phone. Also, check mwi schedules and setup in his subscriber>message notification setup, including urgent-only setting.

The call forwarding was done directly from the phone. In any case, I set the Notify subscriber of: to All Messages instead of just Voice messages, then back again, in a sense, "bouncing" the feature. It now works again. Your "ugent-only setting" reminded me that, in the past, I had to "bounce" this feature for another subscriber whose message notification had just stopped. Is this a known issue with Unity? Does this feature, or port, get hung or something?

The way I do this for my personal account is VIA AD and Exchange 2k.

Create a contact in AD mail enabled. I call mine Johnnextel. In the email address for that contact i specify 646XXXXXXX@messaging.nextel.com. then on the exchange general, delivery options tab select that contact as forward to. make sure you check deliver to both forwarding address and mailbox.

So regardless of whether i am forwarding my ip phone to my cell or not, exchange notifies me on my cell phone .

We have unified messaging so this also sends me email in addition to the voice mail obviously. But if Voice mail only you can accomplish the same thing

This assumes that you have EX2k and if you dont , you should :-)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content