Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Forwarding Off Net For CME not working

All of my sites are having the same issue.

Phone A is forwarded to 9XXX-XXXX or 91XXX-XXX-XXXX. A call from the PSTN connected via a PRI comes into the main number and goes into the auto attendant. Through auto attendant the PSTN caller either does dial by name or enters in the extension of user A. The call then goes silent and niether phone rings. In the debugs I ran it shows the call going out the dial peer. The user has a call forward max length of 12 and a call forward pattern of .T

If the phone is forwarded off net and an internal extension calls the phone it forwards off net just fine.

If the phone is forwarded internal then a call that comes in from the PSTN is forwarded fine.

PRI--->CME 2811--->Switch--->User

9 REPLIES

Re: Call Forwarding Off Net For CME not working

Hi

Couple of questions...

Is the auto attendant being done on the gateway or in a cue module?

Also, if you do a debug isdn q931 do you see the call setup for the outgoing forwarded call? If so, post that output here.

The call actually comes into the CUE AA.

The number being called is 6087819670 then the call goes to extension 258 which inturn is forwarded to 91978-317-8822

My guess is your provider is rejecting the call because the the setup message includes the three digit extension in the redirected number field.

You'll probably need to expand that number to the full E.164 format. The easiest to do that is to create a voice translation-profile using the translate redirect keyword.

Let me know if you need any help with that.

By the way, I'm in Madison, so we must be located relatively close to each other

How would you go about setting this up..

Actually Im in Portsmouth, NH supporting a site in Onalaska.

Dave

Hi

If you have a nice logical mapping between your internal extensions and DIDs (for instance, if the DID for extension 258 was 6085558258) you could use the following.

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /\(2..\)/ /6085558\1/

This will match a 3 digit string that begins with 2 and append 6085558 to it.

voice translation-profile ExpandRDNIS

translate redirect-called 10

The above command defines a translation profile and tells it to translate redirect-called numbers using pattern 10

You then need to apply the profile to the outbound dial peer using the following command under the dial-peer configuration.

translation-profile outgoing ExpandRDNIS

If you don't have individual DIDs for your internal extensions, you could use the translation rule to replace the redirect number with the site's main number.

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 /*./ /6085558200/

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Well I already have

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /670/ /298/

!

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /.+/ /6087819670/

!

!

voice translation-profile main-incoming

translate called 1

!

voice translation-profile outgoing-id

translate calling 2

Are you saying creat a seperate Translation rule or just change my second one to say

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /*./ /6087819670/ and just add the * minus the +

YThe two rules do essentially the same thing. What you can probably do is just add translate redirect-called 2 to the outgoing-id profile. I bet that will work.

I tried to add translate redirect-called 2 to the voice translation-profile outgoing-id and I still had the same result (silence)

If you do another debug isdn q931 do you see the redirect number as the full E.164 number?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content