cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call from softphone with oulook 2000

mtcu
Level 1
Level 1

is it possible to call from softphone with outlook 2000 ?

if it's possible , how can i do?

6 Replies 6

s-doyle
Level 3
Level 3

Softphone is TAPI compliant so this should be no problem.

Hi,

I tried it in version 3.2.2c with Outlook 2002 and the TSP 3.2(0.26)

I managed to control my Ip Phone Line in order to call someone from the contact menu with my 7960. But I couldn't call someone directly from the PC with a CTI Port configured.

Did someone try it ?

Regards.

Fabien.

Fabien,

I've not tried it in 3.2 yet but I know that in 3.1 you can certainly control the line on a softphone to make a call out. I can't see any reason why this should not be the same in 3.2

Softphone must be running first to make the call, you can't start softphone from outlook.

Paul

darpan.bhuva
Level 1
Level 1

I have used SoftPhone with Outlook 2000 and it works. You have to keep the SoftPhone application open to dial from the contacts list in Outlook. Thanks

Hi,

It would be great if you can point me to the docs that show you how to do it. I tried to do it but can't. Thank you very much.

Vince Doan

vince.doan@expanets.com

Hi Vince,

There are at least 2 ways to dial contacts from Outlook using "SoftPhone." One way is to keep the Cisco IP SoftPhone application open, and drag contacts to the line bar in the SoftPhone window. That method works with either a CTI Port (media terminated on the PC sound card or USB interface), or dialing the line of an IP phone.

Another way is to right-click a contact in Outlook, and dial it. In the list of lines to use in the Dialer application, one of the lines should say "SEPxxxxxxxxxxxx" where the x's represent the MAC address of your IP phone. If that does not show up in the list of lines to dial with, then the Cisco TSP is either not installed or is not configured properly with the username and password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: