Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Call Handler and Call Transfer

I use CallManager 3.0.9 and Unity 2.4.6(102). Voice mail works fine. I am building an easy application, one main greeting and four call handlers. Each of the call handlers is supposed to transfer a caller to an extension. For Call Transfer in each call handler, I choose "Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension" for "Transfer incoming calls?" And the extension is set for a Unity subscriber.<br><br>So I did everythign by book. When a caller hear the main greeting and press a key, he is transferred to the right call handler but the call handler does not transfer him to the right extension. Instead, the call handler transfers the caller to the extension's greeting, as I've set "Transfer incoming calls?" to "No(send directly to this handler's greeting)."<br><br>The extensions are set up correctly in CallManager and Unity as subscribers. I have reset the AV-Telephony pors and restart Unity. The problem is still the same. <br><br>Any ideas? Thanks.<br><br><br><br>

5 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Call Handler and Call Transfer

Try using the alternate transfer rule on the target call handlers themselves to see if this clears the problem. Activate the alternate transfer rule and have it always transfer to the extension you want. There were a couple of bugs that popped up in the 2.x line (and again in a couple 3.x lines) where the standard and off hours transfer and greeting rules would look like they were enable and active but they weren't. The alternate transfer rule always works.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Jeff: Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

I tried what you said - in each call handler, I enabled the Transfer Rule, and Transfer incoming calls to "Yes, ring a cubscriber at this extension". I also make sure Alternate greeting is enabled for the same call handler.

But the call handlers still don't transfer the callers to the extensions. After a caller presses a key at the main greeting, he is transferred to the right call handler, then to the greeting "to leave a message."

I am using CM 3.0.9, Unity 2.4.6(102) and TSP 1.0(0.28).

Anonymous
N/A

You said you enabled the alternate greeting rule... but did you enable the alternate transfer rule on the call handler you're sending the call to? There are three transfer rules and 5 (visible) greeting rules on a call handler... we process the transfer rules first, then the greeting rules. If it's getting to the greeting and you have the "attempt transfer" flag set on the link getting you to the handler, the transer rule is not being triggered properly and it's falling through...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

On the call handlers I am sending the call to, for "Transfer Rule applies to:", I select Alternate, make sure the Status is enabled and Transfer incoming calls to "Yes, ring a subscriber at this extension".

Anonymous
N/A

Going back to your original design, you mentioned that there was a main greeting and 4 call handlers. Exaclty how are you getting to each one of these call handlers from the main greeting? Did you set up caller input options off of the main greeting, or did you associate an extension number with the call handlers, and callers dial the extension number of the call handler from the main greeting?

If you set up caller input options, make sure that the "action" for the caller input option says "send caller to attempt transfer". It should not say "send to greeting" for the call handler.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content