Views
Helpful
Replies

call handler as auto attendant

m.hedberg
Level 1
Level 1

A created a call handler to act as an auto attendant- it says

dial 1 for the directory dial 2 for sales, dial 3 for accounting or dial 0 for the operator. this works fine except instead of ringing the user's extension it goes right to their voicemail greeting. i want this call handler to ring the number giving the user the ability to pick up the phone and speak and if they dont answer go to the mailbox. I have the schedule active, all dayshours.how can i set it up to ring the dn fro sales on 2 acounting on 3 from this one call handler?

4 Replies 4

mkoci
Level 1
Level 1

When you select "Send caller to _______" and you pick Subscriber it pulls up another window - Subscriber Selection. Near the bottom there's a pull-down that says "Send to greeting for" or "Attempt transfer for". Pick "Attempt transfer for" and it will send the call to that exstention. Hope that helps

Mark

thank you for your reply. i have tried this many times and no matter what it just goes to the greeting and i have checked the phone and it is not forwarding tovoicemail unless there is no answer. as soon as i hit that key it says to voicemail. i tried all differnet subscribers none of which are forwarding calls or on the phone

On the Unity, under Subscribers, there is Call Transfer. Is "Transfer incoming calls to subscriber's phone?" set to "Yes, ring subscriber's extension"? That plus what is under the Call Handler are the only two places in know of to transfer a call to the user instead of VM.

that was it thank you.