cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler based on Time of Day

ksnyder2k
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 2.4.6 and Call Manager 3.0(8). My client is a school and they want all incoming calls sent directly to the operator between 7am-11am. During 11am-12pm the operator will be at lunch so they want the calls to ring the over head paging system so any caller can pickup the call within in the first 4 rings. After 4 rings the call should be sent to the AA greeting prompting the user to dial an extension or dial by name. Then from 12pm to 3pm the call flow should be the same as 7am-11am. After school from 3pm to 7am the next morning incoming calls should be sent to an AA prompting the user to dial the extension or dial by name. Is this scenario possible? I will use an FXS port to integrate with the over-head paging system. My main concern is with the Call Flow during the specific hours.<br><br>-Ken<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Create a schedule called SchoolDays that's active from 7am-3pm on weekdays.
Create a second schedule called LunchHour that's active from 11am-noon on weekdays.

Put the Opening Box on the SchoolDays schedule and put the Operator handler on the LunchHour schedule.

Configure the Opening Box with a blank Standard Greeting, and set the action after greeting to Attempt Transfer for the Operator handler.
Set the Opening Box Closed Greeting to play your auto-attendant script. Make sure Alternate Greeting is disabled.

Configure the Operator box Standard Transfer to your paging system DN, and the Closed Transfer to ring the console. Make sure Alternate Transfer is disabled.

That should do it for you. If the Operator programming seems backwards, remember it's on the LunchHour schedule. You could inverse that schedule if you wanted the Standard Transfer to ring the console.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

I configured everything as suggested but for some reason I'm receiving the Voice Mail for the operator instead of being forwarded to the AA. Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong? I would think that something needs to be configued on the operator subscriber.

-Ken

-Ken