Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Handler Design Issue

I am trying to design a Call Handler to perform a specific task and I can't really figure out how to do it. Basically, if someone calls into a main #, they are given option #1 and #2. Each one of those forwards to another call handler that just forwards directly to an extension that appears on multiple phones. What I want to do is have it ring the phone say 8 times and then give them a prompt to leave a message, or continue holding. For example, you call the main numberm hit #1 and it rings a phone 8 times (the phones don't roll to voice mail), then it says "would you like to leave a message or continue to hold". If you press 1, you leave a message, otherwise you continue to ring the extension. ANy idea how to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Call Handler Design Issue

I cover a similiar scenario as this in the "Audio text applications in Unity" paper on the documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com - you may want to give that a read for details on how to string handlers together for this.

Short story - you setup the transfer rule of your handler to ring the phone 8 times and then have the alternate greeting setup as blank and enabled and the after greeting action to go to another call handler - this handler plays the "press 1 to leave a message other wise contintue to hold" or whatever... 1 is mapped to "take message" (make sure the handler has a message recipient that you want configured) and the after greeting action would be set to "attempt transfer for" the original call handler which would then go back and start ringing the phone again.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Call Handler Design Issue

I cover a similiar scenario as this in the "Audio text applications in Unity" paper on the documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com - you may want to give that a read for details on how to string handlers together for this.

Short story - you setup the transfer rule of your handler to ring the phone 8 times and then have the alternate greeting setup as blank and enabled and the after greeting action to go to another call handler - this handler plays the "press 1 to leave a message other wise contintue to hold" or whatever... 1 is mapped to "take message" (make sure the handler has a message recipient that you want configured) and the after greeting action would be set to "attempt transfer for" the original call handler which would then go back and start ringing the phone again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content