cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call handler extension question

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

i want to configure a call handler to play a "office close message". when caller call the number after office hour.<br>i configure an extension number for a callhandler, and configured the cti route point (same ext as callhandler) to forward to voicemail. is this the correct way to do?<br>now after playing greeting message, unity will prompt user to leave a voice mail, even i configure the after greeting action to hangup. what am i missing?<br> <br><br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sara on 6/5/02 04:58 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

My guess would be you are hitting the wrong greeting... as a test record a different greeting in each greeting (standard, off hours, internal, busy), make sure the alternate greeting is not enabled since it will over rule all other greetings. Depending on what is coming in for the caller, called and forwarding numbers Unity may be playing the internal greeting (which has a higher priority than the off hours greeting if it's enabled) or the busy greeting (also a higher priority).

You can check the call viewer in the Unity program group or the Tools Depot to watch what information is coming to us from the switch when you do a test call... this may help figure out which greeting is triggering and why as well.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)