cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler Extensions not reachable from Unity Main Greeting

kenjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

We have a number of call handlers that play greetings for main office numbers (like 3100, etc) and then take a message which is redirected to a unity subscriber (like 3102). The extension for the call handler is set to 3100, but if you go to the main unity greeting and enter extension 3100 it says it does not recognize it - will this not work for call handler extensions? (i.e. do i have to have a full-fledged bogus subscriber with exchange mailbox to be able to reach them from the opening greeting?

- Ken

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no, this should work... a couple of folks have reported similiar situations and I have some theories about what might be happening but we've never been able to repro this in house. I've been wanting to get into a system in this state via WTS and run a few queries to see if I can figure out what's going on... so far no one's taken me up on the offer. If I can get into your system, ping me at "lindborg@cisco.com"

Argh...perhaps they just weren't patient enough - I got all setup to punch a hole through to the system and thought I'd better double-check and lo and behold they were working - (they were all created last night). Drat - I'm sorry - I will keep an eye on them and if I can consistently reproduce it I'll ping you...

- ken