Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call handler forwards extension directly to VM

A user is having trouble recieving calls that are recieved from the main line call handler. When the call handler asks for an extension and the person puts in his extension the call is transferred to voicemail, stating that he is busy or unable to answer.

I have checked device associations in CCM Admin and I checked voice mail transfer settings and a few other things in Unity admin and everything seems to be in order.

I recently had to recreate his phone and it seems like this may have something to do with it. Is there a setting I have to have checked when recreating the phone that I missed?

5 REPLIES

Re: Call handler forwards extension directly to VM

The way to correct this is under the subscriber settings there is a call transfer section. you will want to change the option for:

'Transfer incoming calls to subscriber's phone?'

to Yes, ring subscriber's extension.

This will allow call handlers and calls that are transferred within Untiy to ring the person's phone. It will not effect calls sent diretly to subscribers from CCM for ring no answer or busy.

You can also change this is your subscriber templates so that new accounts have this setting automatically.

This setting is already active with the correct extension in it.

Hmmm, is this 'Main Number' search comming from a call handler or a directory handler?

It's coming from a call handler. We don't have any directory handlers configured.

I figured it out, I was thinking too hard, he was in the wrong partition.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content