cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler greeting problem

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

our main greeting does not playback at all. The following greeting plays fine. All greetings will playback over my speakers through saweb, however they will not playback through my phone. I get an error from the activevoice commserver when I try to playback through thephone. I have tried to erase and rerecord the greeting. This does not help. <br>Do you have any idea what might cause this? It has made my unity totally ineffective!!<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

When you say you get an error playing it over the phone, do you mean using TRAP via the SA or are you talking about calling into Unity directly over the phone? Regardless, what is the error you're getting? Is there an error in the application event log when you call into the system? Do you hear silence or are you being sent to the "failsafe converation" (i.e. the "I'm sorry I can't talk to you now..." prompt)?

Is this a greeting you recorded through the SA or did you paste it in from a file or something? Are you sure you're triggering on the right greeting? Lots of folks get the schedule for the opening greeting twisted around or the like.

Try activating the alternate greeting for the opening greeting call handler (this will over rule all other greetings and make sure we're messing with the right guy). Record a test greeting from the microphone. If you can't hear that, try pasting in the opening greeting that setup punches in there. You'll find this under \commserver\localize\defaultConfiguration\. It should be something named like "openinggreetingDay.wav" or something. Paste that in and try that... this will at least rule out a weird codec thing.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I get the error when I try to play it back through the SA. The error that I get is "Unknown problems are preventing connection to the server". There are no errors in the application log. I hear only silence. If there is no caller input, this handler passes to another handler. The greeting for the second handler plays fine.
I recorded this greeting through the SA. I have tried to rerecord it and that does not change anything. I am verifying what greeting is being triggered through the status website. It plays the faulty one and then the one that works. I hear nothing during the first one, and I hear the second handler fine.
I tried the alternate greeting and it is the same. I pasted the default file in ther and it did the same thing.
This worked fine for some time and just started. My callManager is running on a 7750 and I have had many problems. I am not a Unity expert, this is my Not for Resale version so I can learn all about it. I have been through class, but it didn't prepare me for this.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Joey

Not applicable

First, the "unknown problems are preventing..." message usually means the Media Master control isn't configured to talk to the Unity box... make sure you have it set to point at the server name or IP address of the Unity server. Lots of folks accidentally put the call manager in there by mistake. That error doesn't have anything at all to do with the greeting.

Next, make sure you've enabled your alternate greeting... you can't just go and record a greeting in there, you have to be sure to enable it before it'll trigger. If you do this the alternate greeting will always kick in and we can be sure we're messing with the right one.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: