Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Handler Issue

CM 3.3x system, Unity 4.03.

Have a call handler setup to transfer to a hunt group, release to switch. Everything works fine except that once it says "Please wait while I transfer your call" and a "blip" of on hold music plays the line appears to go dead until the other end picks up. I know what is happening, is that as soon as it transfers to a line in the hunt group "feedback" stops. But why?

I have setup plenty of these and don't remember having this problem before. It either provide ringback or kept playing the music-on-hold.

Any thoughts?

I could try supervise transfer, but have some reasons for not going that direction.

TIA,

Israel

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Call Handler Issue

it's not going to play MOH since the call is not on hold (we release it). Ringback is provided by the switch, of course, so once we release the call it's out of our hands - it should provide ringback if it's ringing I would think.

I'd try bouncing this question out to the IP Telephony forum and see if the CM folks have anything to say about the possibility of providing ringback while it's hunting... there's nothing we can do from our end if you don't want to do supervised transfers out of Unity.

Re: Call Handler Issue

Jeff,

You are correct. The problem ended up being on the CM side. Basically a service parameter to provide H225 services (ringback), got disabled during an upgrade.

Israel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content